We stand behind our reputation and will continue to serve our community with the values instilled by our funeral directors.
In 1949 Vedder and Scott, Inc. Funeral Home was established by Earl Vedder and Wendall Scott at 122 North Genesee Street, in an 1844 building that is included as part of the section known as the “Glorious T” of historic buildings, in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. In 1972, Wendall Scott's son Fred joined the business. The Heal Funeral Home on Church St. in Odessa was purchased in 1981 and provided a second location to the communities until closing in 2010.
Fred Scott served the Montour Falls, Odessa and surrounding communities for over forty years before transferring ownership to David Zinger, a licensed funeral director of 20 years, at the end of 2013. Fred continues to work part time at the funeral home, assisting with families and services as he transitions into retirement.